Monday, November 15, 2010

she likes big bundts


It's National Bundt Day!  I'm in perpetual awe of the killer baking skillz of my oldest and dearest friend, the Night Baker, and thru her blog I've discovered JustJenn with her Recipes and Designs, and now...The Food Librarian.

The Food Librarian makes 30 bundts in 30 days!  Awesome, yet crazy, and it all culminates on November 15th - today - National Bundt Day!  She challenges her readers to make a bundt to celebrate - and then post the pics & story on the baker's own blog....So - I wanted to play, too!!!

My entry in this awesomely cool event.....is this recipe for Buttercake Bakery's Chocolate Chip Marble Bundt Cake. When The Night Baker first posted this recipe, I commented, "OMG this looks so good."  I was going to make a Lemon Bundt Cake but the Tiny Titan complained that he was no longer a lover of the lemons.  So - one chocolate chip marble bundt cake, coming up!!

I made the chocolate sauce


I whisked my dry ingredients
I creamed my butter & sugar

I added in my chocolate chips and portioned out 1/3 of my batter which I then added into...

...the chocolate sauce! 

I added 1/3 of the vanilla batter into my Bundt pan

Next, I added in the chocolate batter


**props to me for pouring the chocolate batter into the pan with my left hand while I simultaneously snapped this action pic with my iPhone in my right hand....and did not spill any batter!

I added in the remaining vanilla batter and swirled my figure-8s...though hopefully not too much...

Kirby, the Princess Pup, was not amazed, nor amused.  After all - there was no chance any of this was going to be eaten by her....

I MADE A MESS!!



I CLEANED IT UP!!









Ooooooh!  Ahhhhhh!  It's cooling on the rack!
Cooled and ready to eat
Plates and served.  Note the fabulous marbling...not bad for my rookie attempt!



It tasted AMAZING!  If I hadn't made it myself, I would not have believed that it was homemade.  This was so good, that my Pop Pop, the most devoted chocoholic, would have been reduced to tears over this deliciosity.  But Batman and the Tiny Titan were just as happy to give it two thumbs up.  Waaaaay up!

This was fun - and I'm looking forward to making my Thanksgiving Bundt next weekend.

A special thank you to The Food Librarian, The Night Baker, and JustJenn and her Recipes.

5 comments:

Jami said...

thanks for the shout outs! xoxo

justJENN said...

Excellent!

The Food Librarian said...

Awesome Bundt! I mailed your I Like Big Bundts button today!! East coast bundters! :) - mary the food librarian

Sandra :) said...

I saw your cake today on Mary's "reveal" post so I came over for a peek - it looks DELICIOUS! I checked the recipe and I think I have all of the ingredients - I may give this one a try today - I hope mine looks as nice as yours!

Unknown said...

What an incredible looking bundt! I found your blog on Mary's bundt roundup and I had to come say hi to a fellow PA baker.