Monday, January 10, 2011

come monday, it'll be alright

If it's my birthday and there is still steak on the plate after I'm already stuffed.....I will still eat it.

There's a metaphor for my life in there somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

Big weekend recap:

Dinner Friday night was exactly as I expected.  Lots of great food, drinks & big laughs.  Even after making an attempt at ordering "to plan," I did not even bother to count points or add to my tracker. 

Saturday was exciting - waking up to snow that wasn't supposed to arrive until later in the day was a bit panic-inducing, but thankfully, everyone made it to the Tiny Titan's birthday party!    It was a big hit - the kids loved it and the parents thought Batman and I were brilliant (we are, you know) for reserving such a creative space (an old-school pinball arcade - supporting local small business...YAY!) and being economical at the same time. 

I was thinking that I'd never get to the gym - and I didn't - but instead of freaking out about it, we ran errands that involved lots of walking...shopping @ the outlets  for bargains.  I found just about everything that I was looking for - and scored some awesome bargains along the way.  Little rewards to myself for sticking to the Plan.

Sunday was crazy, too.  Hebrew School for the Tiny Titan, and we had his parent/teacher conference. I gotta hand it to TT - he is acing Hebrew School.  His teacher (an Orthodox Persian woman in her early 60s) LOVES him and is so amazed at his progress...as am I.  I am so proud that he has jumped in and risen to the challenges that are presented to him. 

After we finished, we headed up to Harrisburg to the PA Farm Show.  Again - I knew ahead of time that there was no way I'd make it to the gym, so I made sure we planned for lots of walking....which we did!  I found out after the fact that there was a walking challenge for kids, and TT wanted to do it, but we were headed OUT when we stumbled across it....no way were we going to walk the entire show AGAIN.  Oh well....there is always next year, and Batman said he wants to go back.....

So - Monday is my "scale" day.  I made great progress, and even with my weekend indiscretions, I managed to lose a few.  Score one for a step in the right direction!

Now....if I could only get a box dealt with.....yikes.....

No comments: