Tuesday, January 18, 2011

these are the things I know I know....these are the things I know

  • when I'm at the beach, I will eat too much.  Hors d'oeuvres are my crack
  • when I'm with my parents, I will eat too much.  Emotional eater, table for one!
  • when I'm at the beach with my parents.....well....you get the point.  All bets are off.....
I took the Tiny Titan downnashore for the four-day weekend.  Last week, I made a monumental effort to work out every day and eat to plan.  And the weekend came and once my parents arrived and no matter how well my intentions were, I didn't track a damn thing I ate.

My scale showed a minimal drop.  Like....if I drank a glass a water, there would be no loss at all.

So what!  I'm taking it.  See...39 Project means "DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!"  So, I'm not.

On the positive side of things, TT and I had a blast.  We had a killer walk on the beach and found some great shells.  We went shopping and both scored some great bargains.  We took a drive to Ocean City (NJ) and had a fun walk on the boards....and shopped...and ate some awesome pizza.

Even TT admitted he was having fun.

I also know:
  • spending QT with TT makes it all better....
  • forward progress is still progress even if its two steps ahead and one step back
  • I can do this.  It's just going to take a while......

No comments: